We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Children are extremely curious. They learn a lot of things in life, gifted naturally with intuition, and open towards everything they find. Everything seems to be interesting to them. That’s why they want to know about many things. It’s indeed a sign of good development.
Parents need to help their children develop their conscience, which will be a great means of getting spiritual experiences. Through these, they’ll learn about self-esteem and moral values.
Of course, parents want their children to have and be familiar with good values in life. As parents, what can we do then? Here are 5 things you can do to enrich their conscience:
- Give good examples. What you say and do every day reflect what you think about the world. If you say good stuff, your children will do the same. Children are great imitators. It’s important for you to say and do nice things anytime anywhere. As a parent, I know this is not possible at all times, however being a positive role model will not go unnoticed.
- Listen when they talk. Sometimes your children ask questions that sound silly to adults, like “Mom, where does the sun sleep when the night comes?” Listen to them and answer seriously, “The sun doesn’t sleep. It shines in other places in the world.” By listening, children will feel that they get respect from their parents. We want to instill in our children at an early age that we are there for them, we are listening. We want our children to know and feel that they can come to us about anything and that all starts young.
- Show happiness. Show and share all the happiness and positive energy and thoughts with the children. If you’re happy, they’re happy too. By doing this, the children will learn that life is enjoyable.
- Introduce them to nature. Tell them that all things happen in the world are connected to each other and that there’s a reason for it. For example, water is needed to irrigate plants and plants are a food source for other living creatures. Not only is this a great activity to do with your children, it is fun and a great learning experience for your child
- Be flexible with your rules. Children should be informed about what they should do. However, always take notice of their development. There will be a time when they can’t decide what they want to do. By being flexible with your rules, children will stay cheerful and expressive.
Those 5 tips are actually easy to carry out. Again, remember that children are good imitators. Once you do or say something good, there’s a great chance that they will do or say the same. All of our children are great! Let’s teach them as such!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere.
Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!