We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Do you love Pumpkin Pie? Do you love cake? Cookies? How about mixing the three for the ultimate holiday dessert? Think of it this way, you can save some calories having one cupcake for dessert, instead of having cake, pie, and cookies have them all! These pumpkin pie cupcakes are delicious and moist and they just melt right in your mouth. Don’t be surprised if you have more than one. They are that good. These Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes with a Cookie Topping were a big hit at my family get-together and they are sure to be one for you and yours. Happy Thanksgiving, from my family to yours. Enjoy.
- Cupcake pan
- 24 Cupcake Liners
- 1 Box of yellow cake mix of your choice
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 container of cream cheese frosting of your choice
- For the cookie topping
- You can make a sugar cookie recipe from scratch or you can buy the Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup of flour
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Line cupcake pan with your cupcakes liners
- Mix all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix for 3 minutes or more depending on the mixer you use or prefer.
- Pour mixture into each cupcake liner where it is a little over half full in each one
- Bake for 20 minutes or you can insert a toothpick in the middle and if it comes out clean then they are finished.
- Place cupcakes on a cooling rack and allow to cool for about an hour.
- I used a Wilton decorating bag and a Wilton decorating tip to decorate the top
- You can decorate the cupcakes as you wish with the cream cheese frosting.
- For the cookie topping I used Wilton's Leave and Acorns Aluminum Cookie Cutter Set.
- On a large flat surface, sprinkle the flour over and roll the dough over the flour.
- Once you have the dough very thin you can start to use the small cookie cutters, cutting all of the leaves and acorns out of the dough.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until softened
- Remove cookies and place on cooling rack
- Once cookies are completely cooled, add to the cupcake.
Makes 32 cupcakes
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere.
Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!