Are you tired of ordering take out from your favorite restaurant? How about saving your money and making your own General Tso’s Recipe that you and your family will just love? This recipe is actually easy to make and is absolutely delicious. I served mine with a side of white rice that I made as well and we devoured it all!
- What you need for the chicken:
- 1 lb of boneless chicken thighs
- 2 qts of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of rice wine
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of salt
- What you need to make the General Tso sauce:
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of grated ginger
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of dried chili pods
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- Clean chicken and cut up chicken thighs into small cubed pieces and place into a large bowl with the soy sauce, rice wine. Mix everything together and cover with ceramic wrap and place in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating, in a separate bowl mix the flour and salt together.
- Whisk the egg into another bowl.
- Add vegetable oil to frying pan or deep fryer. Heat oil to 365 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade and add chicken to egg and then place into flour until all pieces are thoroughly coated.
- Place chicken into hot vegetable oil, stirring occasionally and cook until golden brown and completely done.
- Once chicken is down place in a bowl lined with a paper towel to remove grease.
- Chop the garlic cloves and ginger to the skillet with the vegetable oil and stir and cook for about one minute.
- Add the chili pods and continue to stir and cook for about 40 seconds.
- Add the rice wine, soy sauce, sugar and rice vinegar.
- Continue to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add cornstarch slowly while stirring the entire time for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken to mixture.
- You can also make white rice to serve along side the chicken as well. It is the perfect compliment for this dish!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend. If you purchase those items through my links I will earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere.
Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!