We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
This delicious Strawberry Eclair Ice Cream Cake is sure to please the crowd at your next get together with family and friends. I put my mind together to come up with a cake that is just like the Strawberry Eclair Ice Cream bars, but a cake version. This was definitely a hit. It is delicious and I am looking forward to trying it another way on which I will get Golden Oreos and mix them with the strawberry wafers to give it that look on the top. This is super easy and I hope you enjoyed it as much as my family and I.
- 1 pack of strawberry wafers
- 1 box of Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake ice cream bars
- 1 pint of strawberries sliced
- 1 1/2 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Make sure you refrigerate you ice cream bars for about 30 minutes or so, so they will be soft enough to come right off of the stick
- Also make sure you refrigerate your vanilla ice cream so it soft enough to spread.
- Make sure you cut strawberries up into slices putting them all into a medium bowl with the 1/2 cup of sugar and let sit for about 30 minutes as well. (If you want to save time on this process, some grocery stores sell sliced strawberries in juice with the sugar already added. However when you buy those they are frozen solid and you have to wait for it to completely thaw to spread on evenly).
- Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non stick spray
- Line the pan with wax paper
- Lay the cookies long side on the bottom until the bottom is completely lined with cookies
- Smooth over the strawberry eclair ice cream over the layer of cookies
- Add the strawberries on top of that
- Add the vanilla ice cream over the strawberries
- Add another row of cookies and follow steps 6-8 until the ice cream bars and ice cream are gone.
- Any cookies that are left over should be crumpled up and placed on top. I would also recommend to give it more of the Shortcake look, add golden Oreos to the strawberry wafers. Crumple it all up and sprinkle it over the cake.
- Freeze for 4-5 hours or until the ice cream has hardened.
- When it is time to remove the cake, make sure you have a spatula to get in the outside of the wax paper to loosen it up a bit. Slowly pull the cake up by lifting the wax paper. It may seem a bit difficult at first, however once you get it out, it's a piece of cake!